Wednesday, November 19, 2008

When I'm Good: Apple & Pear Salad

This is one of my very favorite side dishes. It's easy to make and everyone seems to like it (except for Domenick) :-


















One Golden Delish Apple (Cut into bite size pieces)
One Pear (Cut into bite size pieces)
3 Stalks of Celery (Chopped fine)
4 Dates (Chopped fine)
1/2 cup of Pecans (Chopped fine)
Juice of 1 Orange
Juice of 1 Lemon

** Pour Orange and Lemon juices over chopped apple and pear to keep from turning brown. Leave for about 10 minutes. Then Drain (juice to be used later for dressing).

** Once fruit juice is drained add Celery, Dates and 1/2 the chopped Pecans together in bowl and mix well.Dressing:

Take the rest of the chopped Pecans and put in food processor along with drained juice.Makes a tangy delish salad.Serving size 2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooh...Vivian, this looks totally yummy! I found your blog thru Lisagh's Monkey site. We hosted Monkey last May and had a blast. Love the Bonanno sandals. Unfortunately, they're not in our budget right now, but I'm so excited to have found this blog. It fits right in with my own decision to take better care of myself. I'll be 40 this year and have quite a bit to lose. I had decided to buy myself a pair of Bonnanos for the summer when I hit my 10% loss--your blog came at a perfect time! :) Merry Christmas to you and your family!